This project is about the light dimmer circuit by using TRIAC .By using this circuit we can control the power up to 1000 watt easily with the help of BT139.In this circuit we used 500k potentiometer which is used to adjust the triggering circuit of light dimmer. This circuit is used in fan dimmer which is common in the market.
This circuit is used to control the voltage or current and by varying the voltage or current of circuit we can dim and bright the light intensity .There are many possible ways through which we dim light such as by variable transformer and resistors
This type of methods are used in public places like restaurants, conference halls stage lighting theaters etc .But these methods are two much expensive for home lighting control and other remote areas .By using TRIAC we can control the light intensity (dim)with an affordable rate.
TRIAC is three terminal components which is used to controlling the current of the circuit.TRIAC gives AC switching.
There is a lot of cases where we need to control the power of incandescent lamps. With the help of this circuit we can control power up to 1000W.In this circuit we used DIAC and TRIAC as a output power controller with the help of resistor, capacitor and potentiometer. This circuit is base on the phase control principle.
Light Dimmer circuit Components
2-Capacitor 10 nF
3-Capacitor 100 nF
6-Resistor 3.9 k
- It is used in Fan dimmer circuit which is commonly available in the market
- It is used to control the light for example some time we need to control the power of incandescent lamps
You may also read
- Automatic light On Off Circuit
- Automatic Star Delta Starter
- What is Insulator ?Its Types
- What is Direct online starter ?working principle and wiring diagram –its application?
- What is Electrical Relay ?